Melksham Level Crossing
Melksham Level Crossing Location Map
Melksham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3822 / 51°22'55"N
Longitude: -2.1447 / 2°8'40"W
OS Eastings: 390026
OS Northings: 164806
OS Grid: ST900648
Mapcode National: GBR 1S3.BL1
Mapcode Global: VH96Q.SJ17
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Melksham Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Melksham
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Broughton Gifford CP
- Postcode: SN128RP
- Route: Western
- ELR: WEY0
- Distance: 100 miles 32 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: July 2020
- Next assessment due: October 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60
- Trains per day: 33
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Chippenham
Civil Parish/community: Melksham
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Melksham North
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.