Melton Bromswell Level Crossing
Melton Bromswell Level Crossing Location Map
Melton Bromswell Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.1132 / 52°6'47"N
Longitude: 1.3569 / 1°21'24"E
OS Eastings: 629942
OS Northings: 251418
OS Grid: TM299514
Mapcode National: GBR WQ1.FVV
Mapcode Global: VHLBQ.G4PT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Melton Bromswell Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Melton Bromswell
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Bromeswell CP
- Postcode: IP122QA
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 81 miles 28 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 34
- 16 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Bromeswell
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Melton
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Wilford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.