Melton Sewage Level Crossing
Melton Sewage Level Crossing Location Map
Melton Sewage Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.0982 / 52°5'53"N
Longitude: 1.3268 / 1°19'36"E
OS Eastings: 627954
OS Northings: 249650
OS Grid: TM279496
Mapcode National: GBR WQ6.D7W
Mapcode Global: VHLBP.YJ8C
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Melton Sewage Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Melton Sewage
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Melton CP
- Postcode: IP121NH
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 79 miles 54 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2014
- Next assessment due: June 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 24
- 27 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Melton
District Council Ward: Melton
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Wickham
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.