Middleton Level Crossing
Middleton Level Crossing Location Map
Middleton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.262 / 52°15'43"N
Longitude: 1.5211 / 1°31'15"E
OS Eastings: 640375
OS Northings: 268490
OS Grid: TM403684
Mapcode National: GBR XPV.1DY
Mapcode Global: VHM7H.9DZS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Middleton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Middleton
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Yoxford CP
- Postcode: IP173LG
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 94 miles 52 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 25
- 2268 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Blything
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Peasenhall & Yoxford
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
Civil Parish/community: Yoxford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.