Monkton Level Crossing
Fellgate and Hedworth, South Tyneside
Monkton Level Crossing Location Map
Monkton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.9562 / 54°57'22"N
Longitude: -1.5013 / 1°30'4"W
OS Eastings: 432037
OS Northings: 562508
OS Grid: NZ320625
Mapcode National: GBR KCY4.S4
Mapcode Global: WHC3S.XP9C
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Monkton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Monkton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: South Tyneside District (B)
- Postcode: NE312AP
- Route: London North East
- ELR: LEN3
- Distance: 96 miles 59 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70
- Trains per day: 224
- 7 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Metropolitan District Ward: Fellgate and Hedworth
UK Parliament Constituency: Jarrow
European Region: North East
Metropolitan District: South Tyneside Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.