Morar Level Crossing
Caol and Mallaig, Highland
Morar Level Crossing Location Map
Morar Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 56.9685 / 56°58'6"N
Longitude: -5.8218 / 5°49'18"W
OS Eastings: 167796
OS Northings: 792860
OS Grid: NM677928
Mapcode National: GBR DB09.G2M
Mapcode Global: WGZBK.J3XQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Morar Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Morar
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: PH404PB
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: MLG2
- Distance: 36 miles 55 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2013
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 10 mph
- Trains per day: 12
- 162 Vehicles
- 108 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - 4 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Caol and Mallaig
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
UK Parliament Constituency: Ross, Skye and Lochaber
European Region: Scotland
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.