Morley Hill Level Crossing
The Homesteads, Thurrock
Morley Hill Level Crossing Location Map
Morley Hill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5352 / 51°32'6"N
Longitude: 0.4427 / 0°26'33"E
OS Eastings: 569515
OS Northings: 184638
OS Grid: TQ695846
Mapcode National: GBR NLH.QRP
Mapcode Global: VHJL0.MNDZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Morley Hill Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Morley Hill
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: SS178EY
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 29 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 104
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: South Basildon and East Thurrock
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): The Homesteads
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.