Mucking Level Crossing
Stanford-le-Hope West, Thurrock
Mucking Level Crossing Location Map
Mucking Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5034 / 51°30'12"N
Longitude: 0.4238 / 0°25'25"E
OS Eastings: 568317
OS Northings: 181063
OS Grid: TQ683810
Mapcode National: GBR NLV.RY3
Mapcode Global: VHJL6.9GDT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Mucking Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Mucking
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: SS170RL
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 26 miles 40 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 110
- 565 Vehicles
- 40 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: South Basildon and East Thurrock
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Stanford-le-Hope West
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.