Muggeridge Level Crossing
Muggeridge Level Crossing Location Map
Muggeridge Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4474 / 51°26'50"N
Longitude: 0.6386 / 0°38'18"E
OS Eastings: 583450
OS Northings: 175343
OS Grid: TQ834753
Mapcode National: GBR QQL.68T
Mapcode Global: VHJLJ.0WYB
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Muggeridge Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Muggeridge
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Stoke CP
- Postcode: ME3 9RN
- Route: Kent
- ELR: HTG
- Distance: 36 miles 33 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
12 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 4
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Infrequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: Medway Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Peninsula
UK Parliament Constituency: Rochester and Strood
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: Stoke
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.