Maryhill railway station is a railway station serving the Maryhill area of Glasgow, Scotland. It is located on the Maryhill Line, 8 km (4¾ miles) north west of Glasgow Queen Street, a short distance east of Maryhill Viaduct and Maryhill Park Junction. It has two side platforms. Services are provided by Abellio ScotRail on behalf of Strathclyde Partnership for Transport.
Maryhill was previously the terminus for the eponymous line when it reopened by British Rail in 1993 - the original 1858 Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway "Maryhill Park" station on the same site (also the junction for the former Kelvin Valley Railway and the Stobcross Railway to Partickhill & Queens Dock) had been closed back in October 1961 by the British Transport Commission and subsequently demolished.
Since 2005 the service has extended to Kelvindale and Anniesland to connect with the North Clyde and Argyle Lines using a reinstated section of the former Stobcross Railway line that had previously been disused since 1980 (when the signal box that formerly controlled the junction was seriously damaged by fire) and then subsequently closed & dismantled. This extension was built to remove the need for terminating services from Queen Street to run empty through to Knightswood North Junction near Westerton in order to reverse before returning to Glasgow - a process that occupied the busy junction there for several minutes whilst the driver changed ends and crossed over from one track to the other. Ending this procedure allowed more trains on the North Clyde Line to pass through the junction, freeing up paths for services from the rebuilt branch line to Larkhall on the south side of the city to run via the Argyle Line through to Milngavie.
(Links open in a new window)
|Month||Total Crime||Antisocial Behaviour||Theft from Person||Bicycle Theft||Shoplifting||Robbery||Burglary||Other Theft||Vehicle Crime||Drugs||Weapons||Public Order||Criminal Damage & Arson||Violent Crime||Other Crime|