New Earswick Level Crossing
New Earswick, York
New Earswick Level Crossing Location Map
New Earswick Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.9997 / 53°59'58"N
Longitude: -1.0764 / 1°4'34"W
OS Eastings: 460642
OS Northings: 456358
OS Grid: SE606563
Mapcode National: GBR NQX5.RZ
Mapcode Global: WHFBX.FQPM
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of New Earswick Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: New Earswick
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: New Earswick CP
- Postcode: YO324DB
- Route: London North East
- ELR: YMS
- Distance: 3 miles 0 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph (up)
80 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 34
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
Unitary Authority: City of York Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Huntington & New Earswick
Civil Parish/community: New Earswick
UK Parliament Constituency: York Outer
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.