Norwith Level Crossing
Norwith Level Crossing Location Map
Norwith Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9198 / 51°55'11"N
Longitude: 0.981 / 0°58'51"E
OS Eastings: 605091
OS Northings: 228782
OS Grid: TM050287
Mapcode National: GBR SMW.NTB
Mapcode Global: VHKG0.Y0GM
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Norwith Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Norwith
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Ardleigh CP
- Postcode: CO7 7RU
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 55 miles 65 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 222
- 10 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Ardleigh
District Council Ward: Ardleigh and Little Bromley
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Harwich and North Essex
District Council: Tendring District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Tendring Rural West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.