Pattens Level Crossing
Pattens Level Crossing Location Map
Pattens Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.843 / 51°50'34"N
Longitude: 0.1594 / 0°9'33"E
OS Eastings: 548851
OS Northings: 218252
OS Grid: TL488182
Mapcode National: GBR LCS.K29
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.QY30
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Pattens Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Pattens
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thorley CP
- Postcode: CM234AT
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 28 miles 52 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 322
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council Electoral Division: Bishop's Stortford Rural
European Region: Eastern
District Council: East Hertfordshire District Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Hertford and Stortford
County Council: Hertfordshire County Council
District Council Ward: Much Hadham
Civil Parish/community: Thorley
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.