Peacocks Level Crossing
Peacocks Level Crossing Location Map
Peacocks Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4942 / 52°29'39"N
Longitude: 0.3295 / 0°19'46"E
OS Eastings: 558247
OS Northings: 291024
OS Grid: TL582910
Mapcode National: GBR N6R.L4K
Mapcode Global: VHHHV.NKKT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Peacocks Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Peacocks
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Littleport CP
- Postcode: CB6 1EQ
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 78 miles 25 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 76
- 2 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Gates Open
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
District Council: East Cambridgeshire District Council
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Littleport
County Council Electoral Division: Littleport
District Council Ward: Littleport East
UK Parliament Constituency: North East Cambridgeshire
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.