Penny Lane Level Crossing
Southbourne, West Sussex
Penny Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Penny Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8502 / 50°51'0"N
Longitude: -0.9255 / 0°55'31"W
OS Eastings: 475739
OS Northings: 106180
OS Grid: SU757061
Mapcode National: GBR CF2.LVJ
Mapcode Global: FRA 86YV.H95
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Penny Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Penny Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Southbourne CP
- Postcode: PO108EU
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: TBH2
- Distance: 35 miles 3 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 190
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Bourne
UK Parliament Constituency: Chichester
District Council: Chichester District Council
Civil Parish/community: Southbourne
District Council Ward: Southbourne
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.