Pewsey Level Crossing
Pewsey Level Crossing Location Map
Pewsey Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3447 / 51°20'40"N
Longitude: -1.7638 / 1°45'49"W
OS Eastings: 416548
OS Northings: 160652
OS Grid: SU165606
Mapcode National: GBR 4XZ.QVM
Mapcode Global: VHB4L.CGXH
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Pewsey Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Pewsey
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Pewsey CP
- Postcode: SN9 5HA
- Route: Western
- ELR: BHL
- Distance: 75 miles 0 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 57
- 53 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Devizes
Civil Parish/community: Pewsey
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Pewsey
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.