Pinxton Level Crossing
Pinxton Level Crossing Location Map
Pinxton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.0857 / 53°5'8"N
Longitude: -1.3137 / 1°18'49"W
OS Eastings: 446066
OS Northings: 354495
OS Grid: SK460544
Mapcode National: GBR 7DG.JPR
Mapcode Global: WHDG3.SPMT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Pinxton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Pinxton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Nottinghamshire
- Postcode: NG166RA
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: PBS1
- Distance: 135 miles 29 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
12 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 8
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Bolsover
District Council: Bolsover District Council
County Council: Derbyshire County Council
European Region: East Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Pinxton
District Council Ward: Pinxton
County Council Electoral Division: South Normanton and Pinxton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.