Plas Newydd Level Crossing
Plas Newydd Level Crossing Location Map
Plas Newydd Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.5542 / 52°33'15"N
Longitude: -3.5156 / 3°30'56"W
OS Eastings: 297342
OS Northings: 296230
OS Grid: SN973962
Mapcode National: GBR 9J.D148
Mapcode Global: VH5BK.02T8
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Plas Newydd Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Plas Newydd
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Carno Community
- Postcode: SY175LT
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SBA2
- Distance: 57 miles 76 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2020
- Next assessment due: January 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80
- Trains per day: 24
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Caersws
Civil Parish/community: Carno Community
Welsh Assembly Region: Mid and West Wales
UK Parliament Constituency: Montgomeryshire
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Montgomeryshire
Unitary Authority: Powys Council
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.