Pooles Level Crossing
Pooles Level Crossing Location Map
Pooles Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.8677 / 51°52'3"N
Longitude: -2.2892 / 2°17'21"W
OS Eastings: 380181
OS Northings: 218827
OS Grid: SO801188
Mapcode National: GBR 0JL.XQF
Mapcode Global: VH94B.8BM2
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Pooles Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Pooles
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Highnam CP
- Postcode: GL2 8DF
- Route: Western
- ELR: SWM2
- Distance: 116 miles 46 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2020
- Next assessment due: January 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 68
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
UK Parliament Constituency: Forest of Dean
County Council: Gloucestershire County Council
Civil Parish/community: Highnam
County Council Electoral Division: Highnam
District Council Ward: Highnam with Haw Bridge
European Region: South West
District Council: Tewkesbury Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.