Purfleet Rifle Range Level Crossing
Aveley and Uplands, Thurrock
Purfleet Rifle Range Level Crossing Location Map
Purfleet Rifle Range Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4908 / 51°29'26"N
Longitude: 0.2352 / 0°14'6"E
OS Eastings: 555275
OS Northings: 179242
OS Grid: TQ552792
Mapcode National: GBR VD.XMF
Mapcode Global: VHHNN.1S6J
- Name: Purfleet Rifle Range
- Crossing Type: Public Highway User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: RM191SX
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 15 miles 27 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 168
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Aveley and Uplands
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: Thurrock
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.