Purton 34 Level Crossing
Purton 34 Level Crossing Location Map
Purton 34 Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.6004 / 51°36'1"N
Longitude: -1.885 / 1°53'6"W
OS Eastings: 408058
OS Northings: 189070
OS Grid: SU080890
Mapcode National: GBR 3SD.Q6R
Mapcode Global: VHB3C.81TG
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Purton 34 Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Purton 34
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Purton CP
- Postcode: SN5 4JA
- Route: Western
- ELR: SWM
- Distance: 82 miles 30 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 37
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: North Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Purton
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Purton
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.