Purton 72 Level Crossing
Purton 72 Level Crossing Location Map
Purton 72 Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.591 / 51°35'27"N
Longitude: -1.8519 / 1°51'6"W
OS Eastings: 410358
OS Northings: 188029
OS Grid: SU103880
Mapcode National: GBR 3SN.6MS
Mapcode Global: VHB3C.V8CN
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Purton 72 Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Purton 72
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Purton CP
- Postcode: SN5 4JR
- Route: Western
- ELR: SWM
- Distance: 80 miles 64 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 35
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: North Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Purton
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Purton
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.