Purton Collins Lane Level Crossing
Purton Collins Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Purton Collins Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5928 / 51°35'34"N
Longitude: -1.8587 / 1°51'31"W
OS Eastings: 409885
OS Northings: 188228
OS Grid: SU098882
Mapcode National: GBR 3SM.4WX
Mapcode Global: VHB3C.Q7R9
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Purton Collins Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Purton Collins Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Purton CP
- Postcode: SN5 4JR
- Route: Western
- ELR: SWM1
- Distance: 81 miles 9 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2020
- Next assessment due: May 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100
- Trains per day: 39
- 108 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
UK Parliament Constituency: North Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Purton
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Purton
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.