Queen Camel Level Crossing
Queen Camel Level Crossing Location Map
Queen Camel Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0294 / 51°1'45"N
Longitude: -2.5663 / 2°33'58"W
OS Eastings: 360381
OS Northings: 125706
OS Grid: ST603257
Mapcode National: GBR MR.HKLY
Mapcode Global: FRA 56JD.D16
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Queen Camel Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Queen Camel
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Sparkford CP
- Postcode: BA227JT
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 134 miles 68 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 20
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Camelot
County Council Electoral Division: Castle Cary
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Sparkford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.