Rampart Lane Level Crossing
Rampart Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Rampart Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.7017 / 53°42'6"N
Longitude: -1.2107 / 1°12'38"W
OS Eastings: 452206
OS Northings: 423100
OS Grid: SE522231
Mapcode National: GBR MTZM.PR
Mapcode Global: WHDC8.C7Q0
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Rampart Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Rampart Lane
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Wakefield District (B)
- Postcode: WF118DA
- Route: London North East
- ELR: WAG1
- Distance: 60 miles 40 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2020
- Next assessment due: December 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50
- Trains per day: 56
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Metropolitan District Ward: Knottingley
UK Parliament Constituency: Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford
Metropolitan District: Wakefield City Council
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.