Ranskill Level Crossing
Ranskill Level Crossing Location Map
Ranskill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.3832 / 53°22'59"N
Longitude: -1.0069 / 1°0'24"W
OS Eastings: 466155
OS Northings: 387829
OS Grid: SK661878
Mapcode National: GBR PYD9.TY
Mapcode Global: WHFG1.H7R7
- Name: Ranskill
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Ranskill CP
- Postcode: DN228GA
- Route: London North East
- ELR: ECM1
- Distance: 143 miles 79 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 125 mph
- Trains per day: 199
- 324 Vehicles
- 108 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - 3 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Bassetlaw
District Council: Bassetlaw District Council
European Region: East Midlands
County Council Electoral Division: Misterton
County Council: Nottinghamshire County Council
Civil Parish/community: Ranskill
District Council Ward: Ranskill
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.