Red Moss Bridge Level Crossing
Red Moss Bridge Level Crossing Location Map
Red Moss Bridge Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.581 / 53°34'51"N
Longitude: -2.549 / 2°32'56"W
OS Eastings: 363750
OS Northings: 409514
OS Grid: SD637095
Mapcode National: GBR BWM1.Y1
Mapcode Global: WH97S.T8D3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Red Moss Bridge Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Red Moss Bridge
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Horwich CP
- Postcode: BL6 6PE
- Route: London North West
- ELR: MVE2
- Distance: 16 miles 4 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2014
- Next assessment due: July 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 126
- 1 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Metropolitan District: Bolton Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Bolton West
Civil Parish/community: Horwich
Metropolitan District Ward: Horwich and Blackrod
European Region: North West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.