Rhowniar Level Crossing
Rhowniar Level Crossing Location Map
Rhowniar Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.5638 / 52°33'49"N
Longitude: -4.0727 / 4°4'21"W
OS Eastings: 259604
OS Northings: 298238
OS Grid: SN596982
Mapcode National: GBR 8S.CFWC
Mapcode Global: WH57C.DTVD
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Rhowniar Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Rhowniar
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Aberdovey Community
- Postcode: LL369HT
- Route: Wales
- ELR: DJP0
- Distance: 86 miles 64 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2020
- Next assessment due: December 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55
- Trains per day: 18
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Gates Open
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Aberdovey
Civil Parish/community: Aberdovey Community
UK Parliament Constituency: Dwyfor Meirionnydd
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Dwyfor Meirionnydd
Unitary Authority: Gwynedd Council
Welsh Assembly Region: Mid and West Wales
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.