Riddens Lane Level Crossing
Plumpton, East Sussex
Riddens Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Riddens Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.93 / 50°55'48"N
Longitude: -0.0653 / 0°3'54"W
OS Eastings: 536059
OS Northings: 116289
OS Grid: TQ360162
Mapcode National: GBR KP6.NB2
Mapcode Global: FRA B6RN.8D3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Riddens Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Riddens Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Plumpton CP
- Postcode: BN7 3EF
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: KJE1
- Distance: 44 miles 23 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2020
- Next assessment due: May 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 106
- 34 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of Users
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Chailey
County Council: East Sussex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Lewes
District Council: Lewes District Council
Civil Parish/community: Plumpton
District Council Ward: Plumpton, Streat, East Chiltington and St John (Without)
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.