Rimpton Level Crossing
Marston Magna, Somerset
Rimpton Level Crossing Location Map
Rimpton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9959 / 50°59'45"N
Longitude: -2.5729 / 2°34'22"W
OS Eastings: 359889
OS Northings: 121994
OS Grid: ST598219
Mapcode National: GBR MR.KHZK
Mapcode Global: FRA 56HH.3FB
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Rimpton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Rimpton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Marston Magna CP
- Postcode: BA228DR
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 137 miles 16 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2013
- Next assessment due: November 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 24
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Camelot
County Council Electoral Division: Castle Cary
Civil Parish/community: Marston Magna
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.