Rovie Level Crossing
East Sutherland and Edderton, Highland
Rovie Level Crossing Location Map
Rovie Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 57.9927 / 57°59'33"N
Longitude: -4.1696 / 4°10'10"W
OS Eastings: 271837
OS Northings: 902446
OS Grid: NC718024
Mapcode National: GBR J72L.NRS
Mapcode Global: WH4CZ.XCMK
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Rovie Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Rovie
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: IV283TX
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 76 miles 35 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2014
- Next assessment due: September 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 9
- 69 Vehicles
- 1 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): East Sutherland and Edderton
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.