Salmon Pool Level Crossing
Crediton Hamlets, Devon
Salmon Pool Level Crossing Location Map
Salmon Pool Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.779 / 50°46'44"N
Longitude: -3.6648 / 3°39'53"W
OS Eastings: 282725
OS Northings: 99030
OS Grid: SX827990
Mapcode National: GBR QN.965T
Mapcode Global: FRA 3761.42H
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Salmon Pool Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Salmon Pool
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Open Crossing
- Location: Mid Devon District
- Postcode: EX173QW
- Route: Western
- ELR: NDN
- Distance: 180 miles 9 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2013
- Next assessment due: March 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 28
- 142 Vehicles
- 39 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing Approach
- Frequent Trains
- RD Visibility
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Central Devon
Civil Parish/community: Crediton Hamlets
County Council Electoral Division: Crediton Rural
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council: Mid Devon District Council
European Region: South West
District Council Ward: Yeo
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.