Sand Pit Level Crossing
Sand Pit Level Crossing Location Map
Sand Pit Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.8546 / 51°51'16"N
Longitude: 0.983 / 0°58'58"E
OS Eastings: 605530
OS Northings: 221536
OS Grid: TM055215
Mapcode National: GBR SNN.PCK
Mapcode Global: VHKG7.0N15
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sand Pit Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sand Pit
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Elmstead CP
- Postcode: CO7 8AJ
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: COC
- Distance: 57 miles 20 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2014
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 94
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Elmstead
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Harwich and North Essex
District Council: Tendring District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Tendring Rural West
District Council Ward: Thorrington, Frating, Elmstead and Great Bromley
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.