Sandhills Lane Level Crossing
Virginia Water, Surrey
Sandhills Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Sandhills Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3981 / 51°23'53"N
Longitude: -0.5524 / 0°33'8"W
OS Eastings: 500804
OS Northings: 167561
OS Grid: TQ008675
Mapcode National: GBR F9M.C4X
Mapcode Global: VHFTW.C4V0
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sandhills Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sandhills Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Runnymede District (B)
- Postcode: GU254DU
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: VWW
- Distance: 24 miles 25 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph (up)
55 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 84
- 1 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Foxhills, Thorpe and Virginia Water
UK Parliament Constituency: Runnymede and Weybridge
District Council: Runnymede Borough Council
European Region: South East
County Council: Surrey County Council
District Council Ward: Virginia Water
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.