Sandwich Level Crossing
Sandwich Level Crossing Location Map
Sandwich Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2706 / 51°16'14"N
Longitude: 1.3406 / 1°20'26"E
OS Eastings: 633117
OS Northings: 157685
OS Grid: TR331576
Mapcode National: GBR X18.9RH
Mapcode Global: VHLGS.6B29
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sandwich Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sandwich
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Sandwich CP
- Postcode: CT139JP
- Route: Kent
- ELR: BME2
- Distance: 86 miles 38 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2014
- Next assessment due: February 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 66
- 6129 Vehicles
- 621 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - 3 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Dover District Council
County Council: Kent County Council
Civil Parish/community: Sandwich
County Council Electoral Division: Sandwich
District Council Ward: Sandwich
European Region: South East
UK Parliament Constituency: South Thanet
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.