Sandy Lane Level Crossing
Stoke Canon, Devon
Sandy Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Sandy Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7806 / 50°46'50"N
Longitude: -3.5024 / 3°30'8"W
OS Eastings: 294176
OS Northings: 98972
OS Grid: SX941989
Mapcode National: GBR P1.R1NL
Mapcode Global: FRA 37K0.TLV
- Name: Sandy Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: East Devon District
- Postcode: EX5 4EU
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 189 miles 42 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 112
- 9 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council Electoral Division: Broadclyst and Whimple
UK Parliament Constituency: Central Devon
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council: East Devon District Council
District Council Ward: Exe Valley
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Stoke Canon
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.