Santon Level Crossing
Santon Level Crossing Location Map
Santon Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4596 / 52°27'34"N
Longitude: 0.6775 / 0°40'39"E
OS Eastings: 582009
OS Northings: 288001
OS Grid: TL820880
Mapcode National: GBR QB7.XSJ
Mapcode Global: VHJFP.PFJT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Santon Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Santon
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Lynford CP
- Postcode: IP270TQ
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ETN
- Distance: 88 miles 72 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 70
- 295 Vehicles
- 22 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
District Council: Breckland District Council
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Forest
Civil Parish/community: Lynford
County Council: Norfolk County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Norfolk
County Council Electoral Division: The Brecks
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.