Saxmundham Level Crossing
Saxmundham Level Crossing Location Map
Saxmundham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2204 / 52°13'13"N
Longitude: 1.4967 / 1°29'48"E
OS Eastings: 638938
OS Northings: 263778
OS Grid: TM389637
Mapcode National: GBR XQ6.M7M
Mapcode Global: VHM7N.WGM7
- Name: Saxmundham
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Saxmundham CP
- Postcode: IP172QA
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 91 miles 46 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 33
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Blything
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Saxmundham
District Council Ward: Saxmundham
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.