Saxmundham Road Level Crossing
Saxmundham Road Level Crossing Location Map
Saxmundham Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2131 / 52°12'47"N
Longitude: 1.5508 / 1°33'2"E
OS Eastings: 642669
OS Northings: 263154
OS Grid: TM426631
Mapcode National: GBR XQG.8WK
Mapcode Global: VHM7P.TMPS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Saxmundham Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Saxmundham Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Theberton CP
- Postcode: IP164TN
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SIZ
- Distance: 94 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- 783 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Infrequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Blything
European Region: Eastern
District Council Ward: Leiston
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
Civil Parish/community: Theberton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.