School Road Level Crossing
Hythe and Dibden, Hampshire
School Road Level Crossing Location Map
School Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8687 / 50°52'7"N
Longitude: -1.4019 / 1°24'6"W
OS Eastings: 442182
OS Northings: 107853
OS Grid: SU421078
Mapcode National: GBR 888.DDG
Mapcode Global: FRA 76YT.3MT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of School Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: School Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Hythe and Dibden CP
- Postcode: SO456BE
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: TTF
- Distance: 88 miles 68 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2014
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 10 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- 47 Vehicles
- 297 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Dibden and Hythe
District Council Ward: Dibden and Hythe East
County Council: Hampshire County Council
Civil Parish/community: Hythe and Dibden
District Council: New Forest District Council
UK Parliament Constituency: New Forest East
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.