Scotby Level Crossing
Scotby Level Crossing Location Map
Scotby Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.8878 / 54°53'16"N
Longitude: -2.8557 / 2°51'20"W
OS Eastings: 345203
OS Northings: 555123
OS Grid: NY452551
Mapcode National: GBR 8CHX.JN
Mapcode Global: WH804.3DDR
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Scotby Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Scotby
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Wetheral CP
- Postcode: CA4 8EE
- Route: London North East
- ELR: NEC2
- Distance: 56 miles 76 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2020
- Next assessment due: May 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60
- Trains per day: 36
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Carlisle
District Council: Carlisle City Council
County Council: Cumbria County Council
European Region: North West
Civil Parish/community: Wetheral
County Council Electoral Division: Wetheral
District Council Ward: Wetheral
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.