Sharcott Level Crossing
Sharcott Level Crossing Location Map
Sharcott Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3363 / 51°20'10"N
Longitude: -1.7934 / 1°47'36"W
OS Eastings: 414486
OS Northings: 159713
OS Grid: SU144597
Mapcode National: GBR 4Y4.3DY
Mapcode Global: VHB4K.VNRY
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sharcott Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sharcott
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Pewsey CP
- Postcode: SN9 6HZ
- Route: Western
- ELR: BHL
- Distance: 76 miles 33 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 110 mph
- Trains per day: 55
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Devizes
Civil Parish/community: Pewsey
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Pewsey
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.