Sherrington Level Crossing
Sherrington Level Crossing Location Map
Sherrington Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1558 / 51°9'20"N
Longitude: -2.0578 / 2°3'28"W
OS Eastings: 396052
OS Northings: 139613
OS Grid: ST960396
Mapcode National: GBR 2X8.GJX
Mapcode Global: VHB5D.86ZV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sherrington Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sherrington
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Codford CP
- Postcode: BA120NJ
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SAL
- Distance: 121 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 84
- 22 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Codford
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Wiltshire
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Warminster Copheap and Wylye
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.