Sherrington Level Crossing
Selmeston, East Sussex
Sherrington Level Crossing Location Map
Sherrington Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8497 / 50°50'58"N
Longitude: 0.1422 / 0°8'31"E
OS Eastings: 550892
OS Northings: 107756
OS Grid: TQ508077
Mapcode National: GBR LRS.LRF
Mapcode Global: FRA C65V.K64
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sherrington Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sherrington
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Selmeston CP
- Postcode: BN266TX
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: KJE3
- Distance: 14 miles 36 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 142
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Alfriston
County Council Electoral Division: Alfriston, East Hoathly and Hellingly
County Council: East Sussex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Lewes
Civil Parish/community: Selmeston
European Region: South East
District Council: Wealden District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.