Shiplake Level Crossing
Shiplake Level Crossing Location Map
Shiplake Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5099 / 51°30'35"N
Longitude: -0.8815 / 0°52'53"W
OS Eastings: 477719
OS Northings: 179588
OS Grid: SU777795
Mapcode National: GBR C55.CY0
Mapcode Global: VHDWN.N9VV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Shiplake Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Shiplake
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Shiplake CP
- Postcode: RG9 3NG
- Route: Western
- ELR: HEN0
- Distance: 33 miles 55 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2020
- Next assessment due: April 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50
- Trains per day: 70
- 9 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing is Near a Station
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Henley
County Council: Oxfordshire County Council
Civil Parish/community: Shiplake
County Council Electoral Division: Sonning Common
District Council Ward: Sonning Common
European Region: South East
District Council: South Oxfordshire District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.