Ships Meadow Level Crossing
Ships Meadow Level Crossing Location Map
Ships Meadow Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3225 / 51°19'20"N
Longitude: 1.2005 / 1°12'1"E
OS Eastings: 623092
OS Northings: 163015
OS Grid: TR230630
Mapcode National: GBR VZ5.4B0
Mapcode Global: VHLGH.R1H0
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ships Meadow Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ships Meadow
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Chislet CP
- Postcode: CT3 4BX
- Route: Kent
- ELR: ACR
- Distance: 76 miles 39 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 83
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Canterbury City Council
Civil Parish/community: Chislet
County Council Electoral Division: Herne and Sturry
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
District Council Ward: Reculver
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.