Sholden Level Crossing
Sholden Level Crossing Location Map
Sholden Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2439 / 51°14'37"N
Longitude: 1.3808 / 1°22'50"E
OS Eastings: 636055
OS Northings: 154843
OS Grid: TR360548
Mapcode National: GBR X1J.V7F
Mapcode Global: VHLGS.WZBT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sholden Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sholden
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Sholden CP
- Postcode: CT146RE
- Route: Kent
- ELR: BME2
- Distance: 89 miles 6 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 52
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Dover
District Council: Dover District Council
County Council: Kent County Council
District Council Ward: Middle Deal and Sholden
County Council Electoral Division: Sandwich
Civil Parish/community: Sholden
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.