Shutters Level Crossing
Shutters Level Crossing Location Map
Shutters Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1045 / 51°6'16"N
Longitude: -0.6984 / 0°41'54"W
OS Eastings: 491222
OS Northings: 134713
OS Grid: SU912347
Mapcode National: GBR DCL.Q75
Mapcode Global: VHDYP.VH4N
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Shutters Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Shutters
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Witley CP
- Postcode: GU272DD
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WPH1
- Distance: 41 miles 43 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 162
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Elstead and Thursley
European Region: South East
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Surrey
County Council: Surrey County Council
District Council: Waverley Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Waverley Western Villages
Civil Parish/community: Witley
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.