Simmonds Level Crossing
St Nicholas At Wade, Kent
Simmonds Level Crossing Location Map
Simmonds Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3728 / 51°22'22"N
Longitude: 1.2442 / 1°14'39"E
OS Eastings: 625888
OS Northings: 168748
OS Grid: TR258687
Mapcode National: GBR VYG.WXX
Mapcode Global: VHLG4.JR3G
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Simmonds Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Simmonds
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: St. Nicholas At Wade CP
- Postcode: CT7 0QR
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR
- Distance: 68 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 94
- 2 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Birchington and Villages
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: St Nicholas At Wade
District Council: Thanet District Council
District Council Ward: Thanet Villages
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.