Simpsons Level Crossing
Simpsons Level Crossing Location Map
Simpsons Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3502 / 51°21'0"N
Longitude: 0.7075 / 0°42'27"E
OS Eastings: 588637
OS Northings: 164713
OS Grid: TQ886647
Mapcode National: GBR QRT.CPD
Mapcode Global: VHKJL.6BW9
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Simpsons Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Simpsons
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Bobbing CP
- Postcode: ME9 8TR
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR0
- Distance: 43 miles 32 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: June 2020
- Next assessment due: September 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 70
- Trains per day: 186
- 96 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 4 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Large Numbers of Users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Bobbing
District Council Ward: Borden and Grove Park
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Sittingbourne and Sheppey
European Region: South East
District Council: Swale Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Swale West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.